Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Monday

Happy Easter Monday!
Once again we celebrate Christ's triumph over death and the grave!

I hope that all had a lovely Easter Sunday and is enjoying spring.

We went to our church for Easter morning service and stayed for the Easter breakfast that followed.
We then had a family dinner late afternoon.

It was a pleasant enough day, despite the pouring rain.

A part of what makes Easter so special for many people is the new (or rarely worn) outfit that they get to wear. I made myself a new outfit this year.

As I mentioned before it is a 1950's inspired sun dress. I designed the pattern myself using a basic block pattern that I had purchased from McCalls.

It has a fitted bodice with a sweetheart neckline and four darts in front. The back is composed of four pieces and has a v neck.

The waistline is at my natural waist and the skirt flares out from there. It is a gored skirt with box pleats at the seams.

I also made a fitted jacket and belt.

I had wanted to go outside and take a bunch of cute pictures with the flowers and lovely foliage. However, it rained all day and we have rain in the forecast for the next week. Sigh... I suppose I shall have to be satisfied with these pictures.



Without the jacket.



I also made matching kanzashi flowers for my hair.



I made the jacket reversible to give it a more finished look and to increase its durability.



I enjoyed working on this and shall try and post latter more details into the shaping that went into the bodice of the dress. Overall the bodice had 16 pieces that made it.

Thats all for now. Have a great Easter Season and enjoy whatever weather you are having.
(Yes, there can be joys to lots of rain. It means no going outside. Thus lots of sewing.)

No comments: