Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

One day I will sew this

I don't know about you but I have a list of costumes that I would one day like to make for myself and other people. This blue jumper outfit that Molly Gibson wears in Wives and Daughters is on that list.


I love the simplistic elegance of this outfit. It is very simple and yet absolutely stunning.


I already have the lace that I am wanting to use picked out. Just to find time to design and construct this.

The bodice front have two darts in each side. It has a wide and low rounded neckline. The jumper is closed with a long row of buttons that runs down the front. The jumper is trimmed with lace that runs around the neckline and running in two vertical lines down the front of the jumper continues around the bottom of the skirt. The skirt is very simple and pleated into the bodice. I believe that Molly has a belt made of the same fabric as the jumper that she wears around the waist.

It can be worn with a variety of bodices.


I loved the book and movie Wives and Daughters and this was one of my favorite costumes. I have already made a jumper that was inspired by this outfit. But that jumper is pink and has a square neckline and is lacking the lace and buttons in the front.

No comments: